Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Crockpot Mexican Shredded Beef

We absolutely love Mexican food. We went to a tiny Mexican restaurant in St.Louis just down the road from Barnes hospital called Tortillaria Mexican Kitchen & Tortilla Company. First of all I could have eaten an entire jar of their homemade salsa. And second their shredded beef for their tacos was so good. My husband and I were talking and wondering if we could make taco beef at home with a roast. You know there is only so much you can do with a roast, although I do have a good recipe for roast which I will post some other day. So back to this experiment. I saw a couple recipes that sounded alright but I was too scared to go full throttle and follow the original recipes so I tweaked them into my own. Also this is my absolute first time ever using chilies in Adobo, (which was in the salsa at the restaurant that I liked so much).Well, we will see how it turns out.

Crockpot Mexican Shredded Beef

1 Roast (no idea how big it is or what kind of roast it is)
2 Tbsp chilies in adobo (blended until smooth)
a generous sprinkle of garlic salt
a generous sprinkle of Cumin
1 can of Dr.Pepper or 1 can of beef broth

Place roast in your crock-pot, dump in soda, spread chilies across roast, sprinkle on spices. Put the lid back on and set it on high for 8 hours. Shred it and separate the bones and fat. Serve with favorite taco toppings or use for nachos.

**Note- I used 1/3 of a can of chilies in adobo and it was too much, too spicy.**

No comments:

Post a Comment